With the holiday season in full swing, you’ll likely find yourself doing a fair bit of cooking and baking. Cannabutter, or cannabis infused butter, is an increasingly enticing option for those looking to spice up their holiday meals. One of the most common ways to make infused cannabis edibles, cannabutter can yield great results. If you’re looking to make your holiday cooking a bit more interesting, here’s a step-by-step guide to infusing butter.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of decarboxylated ground cannabis (7-10 grams)
- 1 cup of water
Decarb the Cannabis
One of the first steps to making cannabutter is decarboxylating the cannabis flower. This is necessary because failing to do will lead to a weak product. A recommended method would be decarboxylating your cannabis in an oven. This involves placing your cannabis buds on a non-stick tray covered with parchment paper. You then place the tray in an oven preheated to 245 degrees Fahrenheit for around thirty to forty minutes. Make sure to lightly shake the tray around every ten minutes to ensure your buds are evenly heated.
- Grind your decarbed cannabis into smaller pieces.
- Add your cup of butter and water into a saucepan or pot. Let the butter melt on a lower heat. Pay diligent attention and make sure that your butter does not scorch or burn.
- Put in your grounded cannabis as the butter starts to melt.
- Keep your mixture at low heat for two to three hours with periodic stirring.
- Once you are satisfied with how long it has simmered and cooled, you must strain the cannabutter. Place a funnel or sieve over a jar. Line the sieve or funnel with cheesecloth. Then pour the cooled butter through the sieve or funnel into the jar. The infused butter should be in the jar while the cannabis should be in the cheesecloth.
- Place the jar of infused butter into a refrigerator to store for future use on any snacks or meals. Be sure to exercise caution when it comes to cannabutter dosage due to the uncertainty of potency.
Cornerstone Wellness cannabis dispensary provides lab-tested, high-quality cannabis products that are sure to satisfy. If you’re interested in what Cornerstone Wellness provides, give us a call at (323) 259-8933 for further consultation about the right cannabis product for you. We offer expert counseling and will help determine your preferences. Because the safety of our customers is important to us, we’ve also made ordering online through our store easier than ever. Simply follow our ordering instructions and arrive at our store for a safe pick up.